HTML & CSS
Because something has to present cats on the internet
Follow along at http://wbobeirne.com/slides
- A markup language that defines your document
- Imports all of your other assets via URLs
- No logic itself, just simple elements
- Style sheet that targets HTML elements
- Selectors and rules that define the visuals
- Minimal logic, the simpler the better.
What it looks like
... not the most impressive
What it looks like... again
Now we're getting somewhere!
Third time's the charm
* `static` The default of any element, this element has no
special behavior and is not a parent element.
* `relative` Makes this element a parent of all elements
below, and can be adjusted from its original position.
* `absolute` Makes the element hover above others, and
fixes it to the parent element.
* `fixed` Behaves like absolute, but pins the element to
the user's viewport, not the parent element.
The big reveal!